Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fear and Loathing in Overland Park pt 115

Have you ever been unceremoniously dumped?
Taken for granted because of the way you act?

Talk?

Smile?

Laugh?

Or just your general sense of self?

Have you ever lived your life thinking everything was peachy and
immediately been slapped in the face in one single moment where everything
changed?

That happened recently. And I'm not talking about a girl.

You'll notice that number 114 is missing. I've been pushing this blog in my
head for awhile and I just couldn't bring myself to write it.

The hurt seemed to be too much.

Like it would never go away.

I wanted to stand outside the window, blaring love songs written by Peter
Gabriel to get the love back.

Inkkc dumped me.

Me and so many others were left in the cold recently due to a change in
scenery.

Basically, I wasn't cool enough for them so they dumped me.

Here's what I gather from that.

My face, my attitude, my blog, was too much. They can claim that they
changed the site because they were forced to, but in all reality, by
unceremoniously dumping people that had written so many blogs for them,
they turned their backs on their original followers.

They turned their backs on those that loved them before they were much of
anything at all.

They, in essence, sold out.

We will talk about selling out later.

But for the time being, here's my point.

Fear and Loathing in Overland Park was in the Inkkc magazine a number of
times. We had followers. We got hits. People knew who we were.

We were infamous for our rants, antics, and think pieces.

And because Inkkc wanted to be known as a party magazine, we were left in
the cold when things changed hands.

No big deal.

Things change.

Time heals all wounds.

And the good news is I now have the push that I need. To get out there. To
boil this down to its core.

To bring Fear and Loathing into a new realm for more people to follow it.

It will get bigger.

It will get more gonzo.

It will find a new home but it will stay here.

Fear and Loathing in Overland Park is all about what I see. What I go
through. The trials and tribulations of living here and going through the
motions of a life that needs something more.

This will be the push for something more.

This will be something more.

This will be everything.

It's a new page. A new leaf. Plenty of fish in the sea you see.

Just like being dumped, you're left with two options: wallow or grow. Adapt
or die.

We adapt.

We grow.

We roll with the punches.

We make a choice and stand up and will be the change that we've asked so
many others to be.

This is where it starts.

My real name is not Momar Van Der Camp.

But it will be.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |