Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Freaking Out


This is me, at the left, going slightly insane.

For many various reasons.

Let's start from the top:

Today is Tuesday and I'm still not in the loop.

The loop. The loop. Running around inside a hoop.

The reason I'm saying that I'm not in the loop is regarding the comic. The comic script that I wrote and sent off for approval/editor review hasn't received anything back. I haven't heard anything. And anyone who knows me knows that I'm a worrier. Things running through my head at speeds inhuman and insane.

THAT MAKES ME A FREAKAZOID!

Tangent:

Apparently my favorite comic character (well one of them) Madman, the creator was almost convinced that Freakazoid was a character almost ripped off from him. I can see that. I love them both.

Back to the story:

I'm freaking out because on Saturday I went with the wife to her parents' house and proceeded to receive what I was convinced were signs regarding the book. Signs telling me that everything was going to work out and that I was going to get the deal and sink it.

Then we went to dinner and another sign. I'll tell you what they are at a later date as obviously the idea hasn't been published, but still, I saw signs. I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes I saw the sign.

Anyways:

Sunday passes. Monday passes. Now we're close to Tuesday being over and still no answer. It's maddening. In all fairness, the editor was on vacation til Monday, so that's no big deal. And maybe he's touting the script around to his coworkers and artists in his stable of artists as the second coming of Stan Lee or something, one can only hope. But it's madness.

THIS IS SPARTA.

You see where I'm going with this? I'm going slightly more insane than I was before. So there.

Freaking out. WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |